The world of property is vast, with many different ways to invest. One of the most popular investment methods in France is the Sociétés Civiles de Placement Immobilier (SCPI). But how exactly do they work?
What is an SCPI?
An SCPI is an investment vehicle that enables private individuals to invest in property without having to buy the assets themselves. Investors buy shares in the SCPI, and in return receive a proportional share of the rental income generated by the properties held by the SCPI.
The advantages of SCPIs
- Diversification: SCPIs invest in different types of property, spread out geographically.
- SimplicityNo need to manage properties or tenants directly.
- Accessibility: It is possible to invest with a relatively low initial amount.
How do you choose an SCPI?
There are several criteria to consider when choosing an SCPI:
- Past performance: It's a good idea to check previous yields.
- Investment strategy: Some SCPIs focus on specific niches such as offices, retail or residential property.
- Management feesLike all investments, SCPIs have costs. It's essential to compare them.
The importance of capitalisation
A variable-capital SCPI allows investors to enter and exit easily, while a fixed-capital SCPI has a predefined capitalisation and specific opening periods for investments.
SCPIs and de Ravel Finance
If the idea of investing in an SCPI appeals to you, de Ravel Finance is your ideal ally. We offer personalised advice and in-depth expertise to guide you towards the best SCPIs for your needs. With "de Ravel Finance", real estate is within your reach, without the hassle of direct management.